月曜日, 11月 29

VERSUS

MATCH STA-TO~!

Turkey-day ended two days ago, or maybe it was Tofurky-day? In my case, I don't subscribe to either lines of thought. Turkey-logic dictates: the bigger the bird, the better. To this tune, birds have been genetically manipulated/bred to have breasts big enough to impede their ability to walk/have sex. If mapping the human genome or stem-cell research is unpalatable, why whet your whistle with these über birds?

Some will hold the Tofurky up as the perfect fusion of holiday delectableness and turkey crusader goodness. I'm not one of them. why delude yourself with fake-turkey if you so obviously want to enjoy "turkey flavorfulness?"

If you're anti-turkey eating, then don't pretend to eat turkey. Either eat the real thing, or eat something else. Choosing not to partake of traditional thanksgiving fare should not necessarily prevent you from holiday enjoyment. As to whether or not it makes you anti-pilgrim? Well, that is an entirely separate discussion...

5 件のコメント:

Liana さんのコメント...

Considering all the weird food items that you indulge in on a regular basis (and I refer here to "gohan desu yo!" and those nasty crab snacks, among other things), I'm amused that you're trying to dictate food choices to us silly vegetarians... ^_^

(Do you know how long it's been since I've had to dig out my Blogger account? I haven't used this thing in years.)

Aaron E.K. さんのコメント...

yeah, sorry about that. we're required to only allow registered users.

what!? you can't hold those tiny little crustacean critters against me! they looked so damn tasty, who knew they'd turn out to be so foul?

as for my beloved gohan desuyo, you're just pickin' a fight.

Steviek さんのコメント...

What are Gohan Desuyo? It sounds like something I have heard of. Can't place...

And what's wrong with being anti-pilgrimish eh? I am and proud!

Love tofu...just not turkey style. Who came up with such an idea?

Aaron E.K. さんのコメント...

gohan desuyo is delicious, and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. it is a jellied seaweed commonly eaten by children along with their morning bowl of steamed rice. gohan desyo is a brand made by Momoya Company and i'd translate the name to be something like "It's rice time!"
actually, i just had some for dinner. steamed rice, gohandesuyo, tofu, and sesame seeds. yum.

Steviek さんのコメント...

Ohhhh that! I love that stuff! Yum yum. I also love the dried stuff...specially on rice. Have you ever had the ones that are just dried rectangle pieces and are a little spicy...yum yum!