土曜日, 12月 11

"...treating dandruff by decapitation"


In 1985, Frank Zappa came before the U.S. Senate Commerce, Technology, and Transportation committee to combat censorship, specifically to address a proposal by a group of bored politicians' wives known as Parents Music Resource Center.

"The PMRC proposal is an ill-conceived piece of nonsense which fails to deliver any real benefits to children, infringes the civil liberties of people who are not children and promises to keep the courts busy for years dealing with the interpretational and enforcemental problems inherent in the proposal's design.

"It is my understanding that, in law, First Amendment issues are decided with a preference for the least restrictive alternative. In this context, the PMRC's demands are the equivalent of treating dandruff by decapitation."


An old video clip from CNN's Crossfire surfaced over at ifilm's viral video section. It features then-Washington times columnist John Lofton and Frank Zappa in the crossfire. Why isn't Crossfire like this anymore?

Something's amiss.

3 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Chiavi Surf this is great!
It's funny how I was looking for this type of thing and found your post: . It pulled me right out of my researching on surfing video info and allowed me to sit down for a nice read. Thanks for your great job Chiavi Surf. I think I'll hang out on your blog for a while and be done with surfing video stuff for now. Have a good day Chiavi Surf.

匿名 さんのコメント...

Aloha Chiavi Surf,
I'm a visitor from Hawaii and just found your post . I like it... it's interesting so I decided to read and say hi. Although my interests are mostly about surf dvd related information right now, your blog got my attention and was a nice change. Thanks for your nice blog Chiavi Surf, I think I'll tell my cousin to stop by if that's okay.
~ Aloha ~

匿名 さんのコメント...

Bula Chiavi Surf, I'm over in Fiji on vacation ('Bula' is hello in Fijian) I found an internet connection and decided to start research for my surf videos site... just found your totally awesome blog and had to dive right in! Your post "" is interesting, not really about surf videos stuff but certainly worth my time. I'll be bookmarking you so I can spend more time here when I get home. Hopefully you don't mind if I come back (I could also tell my friends... they'd like this)

Okay Chiavi Surf, have a nice day...

Bula (goodbye in Fijian :)